The Lab Kodi add-on is another fork of Exodus giving you all the usual stuff, but keeps it simple.
Here’s what the main screen looks like.
In fact, it’s so simple, it does seem to be missing features. One feature that I noticed was missing was the feature that automatically tries the next link if the current link is bad. It feels a little bit like the Genesis days where you had to click on each link one at a time until you found one that works.
But, it’s still another option we all have available.
The Lab Kodi Add-on Details and Status
|Add-on:||The Lab (3.1.1)||Dec 5, 2018||Offline|
|Repo:||Golden Gun||Jan 17, 2019||Offline|
|File Source:||https://dr-know99.github.io/goldengun-repo/zip (GoldenGun)||Offline|
Other add-ons in the Golden Gun repo:
See all of the best Kodi streaming add-ons →
How to Install Golden Gun Repo Using the GitHub Browser
This is the easiest way to install The Lab if you already have the GitHub Browser add-on from TVAddons / Fusion.
If you want to use the GitHub Browser to install the Golden Gun repo, then follow my tutorial on how to install the GitHub Browser. After you have the GitHub Browser add-on installed, you can easily install the Golden Gun repo simply by searching for the GitHub username:
After you have installed the Golden Gun repository, move on to learn how to install the The Lab add-on from the Golden Gun repo.
How to Install the Golden Gun Repo from the GoldenGun File Source
- Go to Settings (cog icon) > File Manager
- Select Add Source
- Click on the <None> box and type in the URL of the repo server:
- Give it a name in the box below (name it GoldenGun)
- Now, go to the Add-on Browser screen by clicking on Add-ons on the main menu and then selecting the open box icon at the top.
- Go to Install from Zip File > GoldenGun > repository.goldengun-x.x.x.zip
How to Install the The Lab Add-on From the Golden Gun Repo
- After you have the Golden Gun Repo installed, go back to the Add-on Browser screen and select Install from Repository > Golden Gun Repo > Video add-ons > The Lab > Install
Enable Debrid Providers
If you subscribe to a debrid provider like Real-Debrid, you will need to enable it. It will use the universal resolver settings, so you don’t need to pair again, but for some reason, they have a toggle for it and default it to off.
Go to Tools > SETTINGS: Providers and Enable Debrid Providers.
Any Questions? Let me know
Thanks for coming to Kinkead Tech to learn how to install The Lab on your Kodi. If you enjoy my tutorials, please subscribe to my weekly email.
If you run into any issue when trying to install The Lab, please let me know in the comments below. I love to help. Thanks.