I just bought the All-New Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote and wanted to install Kodi on it.
I’ve heard many people asking about how to do it. It just did it myself, and it was actually a lot easier than I thought. It only took about 5 minutes, and anyone can do it.
Here’s a simple tutorial on how you can install Kodi on an Amazon Fire TV Stick…
Download the Kodi APK File
Prepare Your Fire TV Stick Before Installing Kodi
- On your Fire TV Stick, navigate to Settings > System > Developer Options and turn ON both options (Apps from Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging).
- Find and take note of your Fire Stick’s IP address by going to Settings > System > About > Network.
Method #1: Using adbLink to Install Kodi on Fire TV Stick
- Download and install adbLink on your computer (Windows / Mac OS X 10.7+ / Linux).
- Open adbLink on your computer (which you downloaded and installed earlier)
- Click the New button
- In Description, give your Fire TV Stick a name.
- In Address, type the IP address of your Fire TV Stick that you took note of earlier.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Connect button, and you should see your Fire TV Stick’s IP show in the Connected Devices box.
- Then click the Install APK button, navigate to the Kodi APK file you downloaded earlier and select it.
- You will see a popup asking if you really want to install the APK. Click Yes.
- You should see a small progress bar in the bottom right corner of the screen letting you know it’s working. It should take a minute or two, so be patient.
- When it’s done, you’ll see a popup that says Installed.
- All done! You should now see Kodi in the Apps section of the Fire TV home screen.
Screenshots of Installing Kodi on a Fire TV Stick
The above instructions should be pretty easy, but in case you need some visuals to make sure you’re in the right place, here are some screenshots.
Method #2: Using ES File Explorer to Download Kodi to Fire TV Stick
- Be sure you did the initial step to Prepare Your Fire TV Stick Before Installing Kodi
- Go back to home screen, select Search, and type ES Explorer. Select ES File Explorer and install it by selecting ‘Get‘ or ‘Download‘
- Launch the ES File Explorer app and add the following address into Download Manager (this can be found on the left hand side of the screen under TOOLS) http://bit.ly/kodi17-5-1 and name it Kodi
- Select Download and the Kodi installer file will download to your Fire TV Stick
- Select the newly downloaded apk file, and you will see the Kodi installation screen. Click Install
- Kodi is now installed on your Fire TV Stick and can be accessed via Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Kodi > Launch Application
I Recommend a VPN for Kodi Streamers
If you’re going to be using Kodi unofficial add-ons for streaming or downloading, I recommend using a VPN. With the Fire TV Stick, you can install the IPVanish Android app onto your Fire TV Stick using the same method as shown above. Here’s a tutorial on how to do that.
Curious why you would need a VPN? Check out my post on 4 Reasons Why Kodi Streamers Need a VPN.
Use coupon code TECH25 for 25% off any plan with IPVanish VPN! Plus, it comes with a 7-day money-back guarantee to make sure it works well for you.
Any Questions or Issues with Kodi on Fire Stick?
Please let me know if you get stuck somewhere or run across issues. I’m happy to help.
Or, maybe you’re just excited about having Kodi on your Fire TV Stick and want to say thanks… that’s cool too!