Exodus “No Stream Available” error messages happening more often lately? They were for me too. That’s because Exodus is dead. It’s been replaced by the Covenant add-on.
Goodbye, Exodus. It’s been fun.
Exodus was abandoned by the original developer, lambda. TVAddons announced their plans to open Exodus to the development community as an open source project as previously mentioned. However, they made this announcement shortly before they were taken offline by legal action against them.
When TVAddons came back, they had a new plan for their business moving forward to only host legitimate add-ons.
Needless to say, it doesn’t sound like the Exodus open source project was going to go anywhere.
Then after I started recommending the Smash repository, they changed their directory labels a bit, and one of such changes clearly pointed to the demise of Exodus. This is the folder in Smash repo that only had the Exodus add-on…
Covenant is the Newer, Better Exodus
The good news is that Covenant looks and behaves almost exactly the same as Exodus did. I’m happy about that because I was a big fan of Exodus.
After switching to Covenant, I immediately noticed a lot of things started working better.
- Real-Debrid started working again. I appears that Real-Debrid stopped working on Exodus recently. Even after reauthorizing it many times, I couldn’t get it to work. With Covenant, I have Real-Debrid working perfectly.
- MORE LINKS! I noticed Exodus was declining rapidly in the number of available links. I kept getting No Stream Available in Exodus, or I was getting very few links (which were also very slow). The last episode I tried watching in Exodus only had 2 links and they both buffered a lot. After switching to Covenant, I tried playing the exact same episode and got 104 links, and didn’t have any buffering!
NOTE: Whenever using unofficial Kodi streaming add-ons like this, I recommend using a VPN to protect your privacy. Check out my 4 Reasons Why Kodi Streamers Need a VPN.
Covenant Kodi Add-on Details and Status
|Add-on:||Covenant||December 29, 2017||Online|
|Repo:||Colossus||December 29, 2017||Online|
How to Install Colossus Repo Using the GitHub Browser
This is the easiest way to install Covenant if you already have the GitHub Browser add-on from TVAddons / Fusion.
If you want to use the GitHub Browser to install the Colossus repo, then follow my tutorial on how to install the GitHub Browser. After you have the GitHub Browser add-on installed, you can easily install the Colossus repo simply by searching for the GitHub username:
After you have installed the Colossus repository, move on to learn how to install the Covenant add-on from the Colossus repo.
How to Install the Covenant Add-on From the Colossus Repo
- After you have the Colossus Repo installed, go back to the Add-on Browser screen and select Install from Repository > Colossus Repo > Video add-ons > Covenant > Install
Kodi Streamers Should Be Using a VPN
Whether you need to get around your ISP blocking you from add-ons repositories or streaming servers, OR you just want to keep your video streaming private, I always recommend Kodi streamers to use a VPN. Please read my 4 Reasons Why Kodi Streamers Need a Kodi VPN.
Failed to Install Covenant?
Did the instruction above result in seeing an error message about the installation failing? I had that on one device as well.
The solution is to disable all other repositories besides Smash and Colossus (which is Covenant’s repo).
To disable repositories in Kodi:
- Go to the Add-on browser screen
- Select My add-ons
- Select Add-on repositories
- Select one of the old repositories
- Select Disable
Another possible (and likely issue) is that the repo source is taken down like all the ones before it. If you have trouble installing the repo, try copying the URL and pasting it into your browser to make sure it shows a list of files instead of a 404 File Not Found error.
Want the Full Ultimate Kodi Setup Tutorial?
This tutorial takes Kodi to the next level showing you how to get the most out of Covenant with integration with Trakt.tv and Real-Debrid, as well as a bunch of other goodies!
Any Questions? Let me know
Thanks for coming to Kinkead Tech to learn how to install Covenant on your Kodi. If you enjoy my tutorials, please subscribe to my weekly email.
If you run into any issue when trying to install Covenant, please let me know in the comments below. I love to help. Thanks.