While I’m a big fan of the Covenant add-on (previously Genesis and Exodus), there are still plenty of high quality Kodi add-ons out there. I’ve heard several times now from readers & commenters as well as people I know that the Elysium add-on (formerly Zen) is a really good Kodi add-on.
I tried it a while back and I tried it again to see if my thoughts on it still stand true, and they do. Here are my thoughts on Elysium followed by installation instructions so you can try it out for yourself.
My Review of Elysium for Kodi
Before I give you some pros and cons of mine about Elysium, here are some screenshots to show you what it looks like…
Pros of Elysium
- It’s a good high quality streaming add-on that is worth having at least as a fall back in case Covenant has issues.
- It’s got Real-Debrid integration so for paid subscribers like me and many others, that means premium high-bandwidth stream links.
- The look and feel is really nice. I like the designs of all their icons that say “ELYSIUM” at the bottom of each one. I also really like the look of the source link chooser directory. The links are on the right side of the screen with nice looking icons to designate 1080p HD, 720 HD, and SD.
Cons of Elysium
- No Trakt.tv integration! For some (like those who don’t know what that is), this is not a big deal. But for me and those of you who have grown to love Trakt.tv, this is a total deal-breaker. I love having all my favorite shows grouped into lists along with watched status of episodes totally synced up across multiple Kodi devices and even multiple add-ons which support Trakt.
Elysium is broken. Nothing works. After multiple reports in the comments, I checked it out, and they’re right… none of the menu items in Elysium are working at all. I’m guessing their server is down. I suggest you use Covenant. AND… it’s up again! Yay!
How to Install the Elysium Add-on on Kodi
- Go to Settings (cog icon) > File Manager
- Select Add Source
- Enter the URL of the repo server: http://noobsandnerds.com/portal
- Give it a name in the box below (like “NoobsAndNerds”)
- Now, go to the Add-on Browser screen by clicking on Add-ons on the main menu and then selecting the open box icon at the top.
- Go to Install from Zip File > NoobsAndNerds > noobsandnerds Repo (x.x).zip
- After you have the NoobsAndNerds repo installed, go back to the Add-on Browser screen and select Install from Repository > Elysium Repository > Video add-on > Elysium > Install
Having Kodi Streaming Issues?
If you’re having issues with buffering, low quality streams, “no stream available”, please check out my list of 12 Troubleshooting Tips for Kodi Streaming Issues.
If you have any comments, questions, or need help, please let me know in the comments below. Thanks!