You may have noticed around June 17th that Trakt.tv integration stopped working inside of Exodus or SALTS.
Your Trakt lists disappeared inside those add-ons.
If you reset your Trakt authentication, and try to re-authenticate, it won’t work. It will just reload the same screen. If you look in your Kodi logs, you will probably see the error message “[Exodus] Temporary Trakt Error: 502”
Both the Exodus and SALTS Trakt API keys have been deleted from the Trakt website.
This was done by Trakt to prevent either of these add-ons from working with Trakt because of all the Dish Network lawsuit with TVAddons which led to the shut down of TVAddons and Fusion.
However, there is a workaround to get Trakt working again in Exodus.
UPDATE 6/25/2017: If you used an alternative repository like Smash, then Exodus probably updated to the latest version of at least 3.1.19.x which seems to have changed the Trakt integration using a different API key. If you updated, you will stop seeing the latest watched status on your recently watched episodes. Just go back into the Exodus settings and authorize it once more. Then it will work again.
If you still have an older version of Exodus, then either update it or do the fix below…
How to Fix Trakt Not Working in Exodus
- Go to Trakt.tv and login to your account.
- Click on Settings > Your API Apps > + New Application. Enter in a name and skip the description.
- In Redirect uri, enter urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob for device authentication.
- Copy your Client ID and Client Secret key numbers and save them somewhere.
- On your Kodi device, navigate to the folder just above your Kodi userdata folder and go to Kodi/addons/plugin.video.exodus/resources/lib/modules and open the trakt.py file in a text editor.
Note: Don’t go to Kodi/userdata/addon_data … Instead go to Kodi/addons
- Copy and paste your Client ID and Client Secret into the following two lines and save the file.
V2API_KEY = ‘Your New API Key Here’
CLIENT_SECRET = ‘New Secret Key Here’
- In the Exodus settings, go to Accounts, and in the Trakt settings, re-authenticate Trakt again.
Note: If Exodus updates and does not fix Trakt, you will have to edit the trakt.py file again to enter your API credentials. I suggest you bookmark this page so you can refer back to it if when Exodus updates in the future.
Edit Trakt.py on a Fire TV Stick
If you’re using a Fire Stick and think this fix is not possible, rest assured, it can be done easily.
If you have installed Kodi on your Fire Stick using ADBlink, then you can open up ADBlink on your computer (assuming it’s still installed there), connect to your Fire Stick (assuming the IP hasn’t changed), and then you can easily browse and edit files on your Fire Stick directly through ADBlink.
Trakt Still Working in Bubbles Add-on
If you don’t want to mess with the instructions above, Trakt integration is still working in some other add-ons. For instance, the Bubbles add-on is still working because I think it actually uses the official Trakt add-on’s authentication to work.
I hope this information helps a lot of you who are pulling your hair out trying to fix your trakt.tv integration.
Was this helpful? Please leave your comments below. Thanks!