Looking for good sports add-ons for Kodi? Maybe you’ve tried SportsDevil or Sports Hub, but Sports Guru is very different. The Sports Guru Kodi add-on has sports scores, live updates, a live ticker, and has full game replays too! However, when I tried it out, I only found short 20-30 second highlight clips.
You can also set up alerts for breaking sports news and game scores. You can get notifications for Ice Hockey, Basketball, Baseball, and Soccer.
This is a 3rd party add-on so no please do not post questions about this add-on in the official Kodi forums. You can follow the dev on Twitter here.
Features of the Sports Guru Kodi Add-on
Here’s what it looks like when you go to the Box Score screen for a game. You can look at Hitting stats and also Pitching stats.
You can also go the Play-By-Play screen for a game that looks like this.
How to Install the Caffeinated Repository to Get Sports Guru
- Go to Settings (cog icon) > File Manager
- Select Add Source
- Click on the <None> box and type in the URL of the repo server: http://streamarmy.co.uk/lucy/repo
- Give it a name in the box below (name it Lucy)
- Now, go to the Add-on Browser screen by clicking on Add-ons on the main menu and then selecting the open box icon at the top.
- Go to Install from Zip File > Sports Guru > repository.caffeinated-x.x.x.zip (x’s are just placeholder in case the numbers change)
How to Install the Sports Guru Add-on From the Caffeinated Repository
- After you have the Caffeinated repo installed, go back to the Add-on Browser screen and select Install from Repository > CaffeinatedMike’s Repository > Video add-ons > Sports Guru > Install
Sports Guru Is Installed. Now What?
In order to get the Box Score and Play-By-Play screen for games, you just need to hit the menu button on your controller (or “c” on a keyboard) to open the context menu. It looks like this…
Looking to take your Kodi to the next level? Check out my Complete Guide to the Ultimate Kodi Setup to see how I have my whole setup and learn how to do the same with yours.
Looking for the latest and greatest add-ons? Check out the Best Kodi Streaming Add-ons!
Keep Up-to-Date on Kodi
Thanks for coming to Kinkead Tech to learn how to install Sports Guru on your Kodi box. If you enjoy my tutorials, please subscribe to my weekly email.
Kodi Streamers: Remember to Use a VPN
Whether you need to get around your ISP blocking/throttling your streaming OR you just want to keep your video streaming private, I always recommend Kodi streamers use a VPN. To learn more, read my 4 Reasons Why Kodi Streamers Need a Kodi VPN.
Having Kodi Streaming Issues?
If you’re having issues with buffering, low quality streams, “no stream available”, please check out my list of Troubleshooting Tips for Kodi Streaming Issues.
Any Questions? Let me know
If you run into any issue when trying to install Sports Guru, please let me know in the comments below. I love to help, and if anything changes and I need to update this post, I appreciate you guys letting me know. Thanks.