Seren is a brand new, next-generation Kodi streaming add-on from Nixgates, the developer of the old Incursion add-on (my previous favorite).
Well, Nixgates really knows his stuff, and I think I found my next favorite Kodi add-on.
Seren is the best add-on if you use debrid services like Real-Debrid, and REALLY shines if you’re a Premiumize subscriber!
The reason why Seren does so well with Premiumize is because Seren and Gaia are the only add-ons that support Premiumize’s cached torrent providers. Cached torrent providers through Premiumize give you high resolution 1080p and 4K uncompressed video with incredible speed. They load very fast and don’t have issues with buffering like you would find with free hosters.
Another thing that stands Seren apart from the rest is the screen when it’s scraping providers. It’s a full-screen overlay and is the FASTEST auto-play I’ve ever seen in a Kodi add-on.
Are you ready to jump into the new Seren Kodi add-on?
Prerequisite if you have the Gaia Repo
If you have Gaia Repo installed and want to install the Seren add-on, you will need to make sure you have the latest Gaia repo, at least version 3.2.0
If you have Gaia Repo 1, 2, & 3, then after you update the Gaia Repo to 3.2.0+, then uninstall Gaia Repos 2 & 3.
Continue to with the rest of the setup below.
Seren Kodi Add-on Details and Status
|Add-on:||Seren (0.2.15)||Apr 16, 2019||Online|
|Repo:||Nixgates||Apr 16, 2019||Online|
|File Source:||https://nixgates.github.io/packages/ (Nixgates)||Online|
|News:||Changelog 0.2.15: Fixed genre capitalization Fixed clear meta dialog text Changelog 0.2.14: Added ability to clear metadata for individual items using…|
Other add-ons in the Nixgates repo:
See all of the best Kodi streaming add-ons →
How to Install Nixgates Repo Using the GitHub Browser
This is the easiest way to install Seren if you already have the GitHub Browser add-on from TVAddons / Fusion.
If you want to use the GitHub Browser to install the Nixgates repo, then follow my tutorial on how to install the GitHub Browser. After you have the GitHub Browser add-on installed, you can easily install the Nixgates repo simply by searching for the GitHub username:
After you have installed the Nixgates repository, move on to learn how to install the Seren add-on from the Nixgates repo.
How to Install the Nixgates Repo from the Nixgates File Source
- Go to Settings (cog icon) > File Manager
- Select Add Source
- Click on the <None> box and type in the URL of the repo server:
- Give it a name in the box below (name it Nixgates)
- Now, go to the Add-on Browser screen by clicking on Add-ons on the main menu and then selecting the open box icon at the top.
- Go to Install from Zip File > Nixgates > nixgates.repository.zip
How to Install the Seren Add-on From the Nixgates Repo
- After you have the Nixgates Repo installed, go back to the Add-on Browser screen and select Install from Repository > Nixgates Repo > Video add-ons > Seren > Install
How to Finish the Seren Setup
Right out of the box, the Seren add-on actually DOES NOT work. You will need to set up some things to get it working.
But luckily, once we get it configured, you will find that the Seren Kodi add-on may be the fastest Kodi streaming add-on there is. It truly is a next generation add-on.
So, here’s what we need to set up…
Install Providers in Seren
Seren doesn’t come pre-installed with providers. You will need to install some providers.
- Go to Tools > Open Settings Menu > Providers
- Select “Install Provider Package”
- Select “Web Location…”
- Enter the URL…
- Select “Install”
Connect Seren to Premiumize or Real-Debrid
Seren is not an add-on that utilizes free publicly available hosters like you would find in other add-ons like Exodus. Instead, Seren aims for the best streaming experience by using either Premiumize or Real-Debrid.
- Go to Tools > Open Settings Menu > Accounts
- Enable either Premiumize or Real-Debrid (or both!)
- If Premiumize, enter your API key from the “Account” page on Premiumize.me
- If Real-Debrid, select “Authorize Real Debrid” and follow the instructions
Again, these are paid services. They are incredibly cheap and totally worth every penny if you want a hassle free Kodi experience with high-quality and high-bandwidth streams.
Connect Seren to Trakt
You will need to authorize your Trakt account in order to use many of the “Smart Play” features in Seren like…
- Up Next
- Auto Playlist Creation
- Auto Episode Resume
- Pre-emptive Scraping
To authorize Trakt in your Seren add-on:
- Go to Tools > Open Settings Menu > Accounts
- Select “Authorize Trakt” and follow the instructions
Optional: Install the Up Next Service
You can install “Up Next” service from nixgates’ repo to get Netflix-like “Up Next” notifications.
- Go to the Add-on Browser > Install from repository > Nixgates Repo > Services > install “Up Next”.
- After it installs, the select “Configure” on the same screen.
- Change “Default action when nothing selected” to “Don’t play”.
- Enable “Enable on playlist”.
- Select OK to save.
Migration from a bugged initial release of Seren has failed
If you saw this message that means you were one of the early adopters of the Seren add-on from when it was initially released.
Apparently, some of the changed they made in the newer version could not repair the bugs from the initial release.
In order to have the latest version of Seren without the bugs, you need to uninstall and reinstall it. To do that:
- Go to the Add-on Browser > My add-ons > Video add-ons > Seren
- Select the “Uninstall” button and confirm
- Go back to the Add-on Browser > Install from repository > Nixgates Repo > Video add-ons > Seren
- Select the “Install” button and confirm
- Restart Kodi
Any Questions? Let me know
Thanks for coming to Kinkead Tech to learn how to install Seren on your Kodi. If you enjoy my tutorials, please subscribe to my weekly email.
If you run into any issue when trying to install Seren, please let me know in the comments below. I love to help. Thanks.