The Magicality Kodi add-on is a fork of the popular Neptune Rising add-on for Kodi. Since Mr. Blamo shut down his repo and add-ons, the Magicality repo is now hosting Neptune Rising, Placenta, and its very own fork of Neptune Rising called Magicality.
NOTE: When using unofficial Kodi add-ons like Magicality, always remember to protect your online privacy with a VPN.
How to Install the Magicality Repo
- Go to Settings (cog icon) > File Manager
- Select Add Source
- Click on the <None> box and type in the URL of the repo server:
- Give it a name in the box below (name it Magicality)
- Now, go to the Add-on Browser screen by clicking on Add-ons on the main menu and then selecting the open box icon at the top.
- Go to Install from Zip File > Magicality > repository.magicality-x.x.zip (x’s are just placeholder in case the numbers change)
How to Install the Magicality Add-on From Magicality Repo
- After you have the Magicality repo installed, go back to the Add-on Browser screen and select Install from Repository > Magicality Repo > Video add-ons > Magicality > Install
How to Fix Failed to Install Dependency With Magicality
When I tried to install Magicality the firs time, I ran into the “Failed to Install Dependency” issue and the add-on would not install.
So, I checked the Kodi error log to see what was causing it, and it showed “failed to install dependency script.module.resolveurl“.
One of the biggest reasons for that error is having an abandoned or broken repo still enabled in Kodi. In this case, it was the Blamo repo. I just disabled the Blamo repo, and then tried to install Magicality again, and it worked like a charm!
Any Questions? Let me know
Thanks for coming to Kinkead Tech to learn how to install Magicality on your Kodi. If you enjoy my tutorials, please subscribe to my weekly email.
If you run into any issue when trying to install Magicality, please let me know in the comments below. I love to help, and if anything changes and I need to update this post, I appreciate you guys letting me know. Thanks.