I’ve talked before about how SALTS is the Best Genesis Alternative for Kodi and also how to set up Kodi SALTS Library Integration Using a Subscription List. But, now I’m getting back to the basics for those of you that would like a clear instructions on how to install the SALTS add-on in Kodi.
Plus, on top of that, I’ll show you how to set up Real-Debrid integration so that you can get the most out of SALTS.
If you don’t already know how awesome Real-Debrid is, having a Real-Debrid subscription and having it hooked up to SALTS is night and day difference because Real-Debrid is a bundle subscription that gives you unlimited HD streaming from lots of hosters which makes your Kodi streaming experience a lot more reliable, hassle-free and enjoyable. Get your Real-Debrid account here.
How to Install the SALTS Add-on in Kodi
Here’s a video tutorial. You can watch that or just scroll down to see set by step instructions with screenshots.
- Go to the Setting sub-menu and select “Files Manager”
- Add a source and type the path “http://fusion.tvaddons.ag” and then give it the name “Fusion”.
- Go to Settings > Add-ons > Install from Zip File > Fusion > XBMC-Repos > English > repository.tknorris.release-1.0.2.zip
- Go to Settings > Add-ons > Install from Repository > Tknorris Release Repository > Video Add-ons > Stream All The Sources
How To Install Real-Debrid for SALTS
- Sign up for an account at Real-Debrid.com and subscribe for a certain number of days.
- In SALTS, go to Settings > URL Resolver Settings > Universal Resolvers, and under Real-Debrid, turn on “Enabled” and set the Priority to 90. Save.
- Go search for a show in SALTS and play an episode. You should see new links in green. (If not, check the Source Management page in the SALTS add-on settings since there is an option for “Show Debrid supported sources in green”). Play one of the green links.
- You will then see a prompt to go to http://real-debrid.com/device and enter a code. Enter that code into the web page and click “Allow” on the next page. Your video will automatically start playing in Kodi.
Set up SALTS Library Integration
Now, if you want to take this experience to the next level by merging your favorite shows from SALTS into your Kodi video library you need to check out this tutorial! This library integration feature makes it so newly aired episodes of your favorite shows can appear right on your home screen (using a widget) or on the Recently Added page.
Keep Your Kodi Streaming Private
Better safe than sorry! I always recommend to Kodi users who are streaming with unofficial add-ons like this to play it safe and use a VPN. A VPN will encrypt all of your data in and out of your home theater PC or even your entire house. It also relays your data through a VPN server which you can pick from all over the world or make it random.
- Servers where you download from will not know where you are geographically (great for accessing geo-blocked content on Netflix and other services)
- Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) will not be able to tell what you are downloading or where you are downloading it from.
I personally use IPVanish and it works great out of the box and also has a nice interface for you to be in complete control over managing what server you connect to and other settings. They also have 400+ servers around the worlds with great speed so you won’t see any drop in bandwidth speed.
Enjoy the Next Generation of Kodi Streaming With SALTS and Real-Debrid!
If you have any issues setting this up, please leave me a comment below and I’ll try to help. Thanks!
Oh, and if you would like a simple weekly email update of new tips and tutorials, get on my email list here…